Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 33 (1994) pp. 2050-2055 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (941K)| |Buy This Article|
Far-Infrared Laser Interferometry Measurements on the STP-3(M) Reversed-Field Pinch
Department of Electrical Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464-01
1Department of Electronics, Aichi Institute of Technology, Toyota 470-03
2Plasma Science Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464-01
3Department of Electrical Engineering, Gunma University, Kiryu, Gunma 270
(Received September 24, 1993; accepted for publication January 22, 1994)
Far-infrared laser interferometry at 432 µm was carried out on the STP-3(M) reversed-field pinch. Measurements along two vertical chords showed a change from a parabolic-like to a flat-like electron density profile after field reversal. A density profile inversion and a correlated toroidal magnetic flux perturbation were also observed during the transition from the current rising to the current decay phase. Measurements of electron density fluctuations indicated relative fluctuation levels of ∼10% for both chords during the current rising phase and ∼5% and ∼15% during the current decay phase for the central and outer chords, respectively. Spectral analysis showed a ∼30 kHz mode consistent with poloidal mode number m=0 magnetic fluctuations, and a ∼90 kHz mode localized to the outer region of the plasma, which was strongly excited during the current decay phase and may be connected to particle and energy transport in STP-3(M).
- R. B. Howell, J. C. Ingraham, G. A. Wurden, P. G. Weber and C. J. Buchenauer:
Phys. Fluids 30 (1987) 1828[AIP Scitation].
- A. R. Jacobson, M. G. Rusbridge and L. C. Burkhardt:
J. Appl. Phys. 55 (1984) 125[AIP Scitation].
- M. G. Rusbridge and A. R. Jacobson:
J. Appl. Phys. 56 (1984) 757[AIP Scitation].
- S. Masamune:
Phys. Fluids 31 (1988) 1231[AIP Scitation].
- H. Ji, H. Toyama, K. Miyamoto, S. Shinohara and A. Fujisawa:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 67 (1991) 62[APS].
- H. Arimoto, A. Nakamura, K. I. Sato, A. Nagata, T. Ando, S. Kubota, S. Masamne, M. Nagatsu and T. Tsukishima:
Phys. Fluids B 5 (1993) 1836[AIP Scitation].
- P. Innocente, S. Martini, A. Schio and Ch. F. Roca:
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 61 (1990) 2885[AIP Scitation].
- C. J. Buchenauer and A. R. Jacobson:
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 48 (1977) 769[AIP Scitation].
- K. I. Sato, K. Yokoyama, A. Nagata, S. Masamune, H. Arimoto, S. Yamada, A. Matsuoka, T. Tamaru, H. Oshiyama, Z. X. Chen and T. Amano: Plasma Physics and Controlled Nuclear Fusion Research 1988 (IAEA, Niece, 1988) Vol. 2, p. 447.
- W. A. Peebles, R. L. Savage, Jr., D. L. Brower, S. K. Kim, T. Lehecka, J. Howard, E. J. Doyle and N. C. Luhmann, Jr.: Int. J. Infrared & Millimeter Waves 8 (1987) 1355.
- H. Arimoto, S. Masamune, A. Nagata, A. Nakamura, A. Matsuoka, T. Tsukishima and K. Sato:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 1482[JSAP].
- S. Shiina, K. Saito, H. Arimoto, A. Matsuoka, S. Yamada, S. Masamune, A. Nagata and K. Sato: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 56 (1987) 1282.