Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 33 (1994) pp. 5207-5210 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (954K)| |Buy This Article|
Preparation of Pb(Zr,Ti)O3 Thin Films on Ir and IrO2 Electrodes
Rohm Co., Ltd., 21 Saiin Mizosaki-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 615
(Received May 20, 1994; accepted for publication July 16, 1994)
Pb(Zr xTi1- x)O3 (PZT) thin films were prepared on Ir and IrO2 electrodes. Ir has very similar properties to Pt, and IrO2 is a conductive oxide. Perovskite single-phase PZT thin films were obtained on their electrodes. PZT thin films were grown by the conventional sol-gel method with rapid thermal annealing (RTA) at 700° C. When Pt thin films were deposited directly on poly-Si, PtSi layers were formed, and PZT thin films on the Pt had very poor crystallinity. When an IrO2 layer was formed between PZT and poly-Si, a high-quality PZT thin film was obtained. Moreover, when electrodes including the IrO2 layer were used, fatigue properties of PZT thin films were drastically improved.
- C. K. Kwok, D. P. Vijay, S. B. Desu, N. R. Parikh and E. A. Hill: Proc. 4th Int. Symp. Integrated Ferroelectrics, Colorado Springs, 1992, p. 412.
- K. R. Bellur, H. N. Al-Shareef, S. H. Rou, K. D. Gifford, O. Auciello and A. I. Kingon: Proc. 8th IEEE Int. Symp. Applications of Ferroelectrics, Greenville, 1992 (IEEE, Piscataway, 1992) p. 448.
- R. Ramesh, W. K. Chan, H. Gilchrist, B. Wilkens, T. Sands, J. M. Tarascon, V. G. Keramidas, J. T. Evans, Jr, F. D. Gealy and D. K. Fork: Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 243 (1992) 477.
- J. T. Cheung, P. E. D. Morgan and R. Neurgaonkar: Proc. 4th Int. Symp. Integrated Ferroelectrics, Colorado Springs, 1992, p. 518.
- K. Sameshima, T. Nakamura, K. Hoshiba, Y. Nakao, A. Kamisawa, T. Atsuki, N. Soyama and K. Ogi:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 32 (1993) 4144[JSAP].