Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 34 (1995) pp. 5070-5075 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (906K)| |Buy This Article|
The Interaction Video Pulses and Quasi-Harmonic Signals in Periodic Nonlinear Media
Department of Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow 119899, Russia
^1Institute of General Physics of Russian Academy of Science, Moscow 117942, Russia
(Received March 12, 1994; accepted for publication November 19, 1994)
We have studied the nearly monochromatic reverse wave generated by a video pulse propagating in a nonlinear medium in which the nonlinearity varies periodically with the position. We considered theoretically the one-dimensional case of a medium with quadratic non-linearity depending sinusoidally on position. The intensity and duration of a quasi-monochromatic reverse wave's generation were evaluated, taking into account various characteristics of the video pulse, as well as the length and nonlinear properties of the medium. Our experimental results obtained on a radio-frequency transmission line with nonlinear capacitors confirm the theory.
KEYWORDS:nonlinear media, transmission lines, video pulses
- A. Scott: Active and Nonlinear Wave Propagation in Electronics (Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1970).
- Solitons in Action, eds. K. Lonngren and A. Scott (Academic Press, New York, 1978).
- K. Lonngren: Experimental Study of Solitons in Nonlinear Transmission Lines with Dispersion, eds. K. Lonngren and A. Scott (New York, Academic Press, 1978) Solitons in Action.
- H. Kikuchi and M. Hirota: Nonlinear Electromagnetics in Terms of Quasi-Particles and Solitons and Its Application to Nonlinear Dispersive and Dissipative Media, ed. H. Kikuchi (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1985) Nonlinear and Environmental Electromagnetics, p. 83.
- Yu. K. Bogatyrev and S. N. Fainshtein: Izv. VUZ. Radiofiz. 18 (1975) 888.
- Yu. A. Stepanyants: Radiotekh. & Elektron. 22 (1977) 995.
- K. A. Gorshkov, L. A. Ostrovskii and V. V. Papko: Izv. VUZ. Radiofiz. 16 (1973) 1195.
- R. V. Khokhlov: Radiotekh. & Elektron. 6 (1961) 917.
- J. A. Kolosick, D. L. Landt, H. C. S. Hsuan and K. E. Lonngren: Proc. IEEE 62 (1974) 578.