Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 35 (1996) pp. 5089-5093 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (702K)| |Buy This Article|
Low Temperature Deposition of (Ba, Sr)TiO3 Films by Electron Cyclotron Resonance Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition
Fundamental Research Laboratories, NEC Corporation, 4-1-1 Miyazaki, Miyamae-ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216, Japan
1ULSI Device Development Laboratories, NEC Corporation, 1120 Shimokuzawa, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229, Japan
(Received July 4, 1996; accepted for publication July 25, 1996)
(Ba, Sr)TiO3 films deposited by electron cyclotron resonance plasma chemical
vapor deposition at 450° C and 500° C are investigated. The crystallinity, evaluated
by X-ray diffraction and by measuring grain size, and electrical properties of films were
evaluated for changes in deposition temperature, deposition rate, and Ba content,
without a post-deposition annealing. Slower deposition rates as well as higher
deposition temperatures were found to improve film crystallinity. Evaluation of
electrical properties and film crystallinity revealed that the optimum Ba content of a
film deposited at 500° C was 0.4. A 27 nm thick film deposited on a Pt substrate at
500° C and at 1.1 nm/min with a Ba content of 0.4 exhibited a SiO2 equivalent
thickness of 0.65 nm and a leakage current density of 4.6×10-7 A/cm2 at 1 V. The
film composition was found to be sufficiently uniform throughout, i.e., from the top to
the side of the films on a stacked bottom electrode.
- K. Koyama, T. Sakuma, S. Yamamichi, H. Watanabe, H. Aoki, S. Ohya, Y. Miyasaka and T. Kikkawa: 1991 Int. Electron Device Meet. Tech. Dig., Washington, 1991 (IEEE, New York, 1991) p. 823.
- T. Eimori, Y. Ohno, H. Kimura, J. Matsufusa, S. Kishimura, A. Yoshida, H. Sumitani, T. Maruyama, Y. Hayahide, K. Morizumi, T. Katayama, M. Asakura, T. Horikawa, T. Shibano, H. Itoh, K. Sato, K. Namba, T. Nishimura, S. Satoh and H. Miyoshi: 1993 Int. Electron Device Meet. Tech. Dig., Washington, 1993 (IEEE, New York, 1993) p. 153.
- P.-Y. Lesaicherre, S. Yamamichi, H. Yamaguchi, K. Takemura, H. Watanabe, K. Tokashiki, K. Satoh, T. Sakuma, M. Yoshida, Y. Miyasaka and H. Ono: 1994 Int. Electron Device Meet. Tech. Dig., San Francisco, 1994 (IEEE, New York, 1994) p. 831.
- A. Yuuki, M. Yamamuka, T. Makita, T. Horikawa, T. Shubano, M. Hirano, H. Maeda, N. Mikami, K. Ono, H. Ogata and H. Abe: 1995 Int. Electron. Device Meet. Tech. Dig., 1995 (IEEE, New York, 1995) p. 115.
- S. Yamamichi, P.-Y. Lesaicherre, H. Yamaguchi, K. Takemura, S. Sone, H. Yabuta, K. Sato, T. Tamura, K. Nakajima, S. Ohnishi, K. Tokashiki, Y. Hayashi, Y. Kato, Y. Miyasaka, M. Yoshida and H. Ono: 1995 Int. Electron. Device Meet. Tech. Dig., 1995 (IEEE, New York, 1995) p. 119.
- H. Yamaguchi, S. Sone, H. Yabuta, T. Sakuma and M. Yoshida: Abstr. 7th Int. Symp. Integrated Ferroelectrics, Colorado Springs, 2i.
- H. Yabuta, K. Takemura, H. Yamaguchi, S. Sone, T. Sakuma and M. Yoshida: Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 361 (1995) 325.
- P.-Y. Lesaicherre, H. Yamaguchi, Y. Miyasaka, H. Watanabe, H. Ono and M. Yoshida: Integr. Ferroelectr. 8 (1995) 201.
- Y. Kato, H. Yabuta, S. Sone, H. Yamaguchi, T. Iizuka, S. Yamamichi, P.-Y. Lesaicherre, S. Nishimoto and M. Yoshida: Abstr. of Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. 1996 Spring meeting, San Francisco, p. 334.
- M. Yoshida, H. Yamaguchi, T. Sakuma, Y. Miyasaka, P.-Y. Lesaicherre and A. Ishitani: J. Electrochem. Soc. 142 (1995) 244.
- Y. Miyasaka and S. Matsubara: Proc. 1990 IEEE 7th Int. Symp. Applications of Ferroelectrics, Univ. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1990 (IEEE, New York, 1991) p. 121.