Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1997) pp. 426-428 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (482K)| |Buy This Article|
Optimizing Two-Photon Three-Dimensional Data Storage in Photochromic Materials Using the Principles of Nonlinear Optics
International Laser Center, Moscow State University, Moscow 119899, Russia
(Received August 5, 1996; accepted for publication October 21, 1996)
In the context of designing a three-dimensional optical-memory device, we investigate the cross section of two-photon absorption of a photochromic material as a function of the relative orientation of polarization vectors of light waves involved in two-photon data writing. It is demonstrated that, with an appropriate choice of polarization vectors of writing laser waves, one can considerably increase the efficiency of two-photon data writing.
KEYWORDS:optical memory, two-photon absorption, nonlinear-optical susceptibility
- S. Hunter, F. Kiamilev, S. Esener, D. A. Parthenopoulos and P. M. Rentzepis: Appl. Opt. 29 (1990) 2058.
- A. S. Dvornikov, J. Malkin and P. M. Rentzepis: J. Phys. Chem. 98 (1994) 6746.
- P. M. Rentzepis: US Patent 07/342978 (1989).
- I. V. Grishin, N. M. Przhiyalgovskaya, Yu. M. Chunaev, V. F. Manzhikov, L. N. Kurkovskaya and N. N. Suvorov: Khim. Geterotsikl. Soed. 7 (1989) 907.
- T. Tanaka, T. Imura, K. Tanaka and Y. Kida: Jpn. Patent 3133988 (1991).
- K. Ulrich, H. Port, H. C. Wolf, J. Wonner, F. Effenberger and H. D. Ilge: Chem. Phys. 154 (1991) 311.
- D. A. Akimov, A. M. Zheltikov, N. I. Koroteev, S. A. Magnitskii, A. N. Naumov, D. A. Sidorov-Biryukov and A. B. Fedotov: to be published in Quantum Electron. 26 (1996) No. 10.
- S. A. Akhmanov and N. I. Koroteev: Methods of Nonlinear Optics in Spectroscopy of Light Scattering (Nauka, Moscow, 1981).