Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1997) pp. 5815-5819 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1169K)| |Buy This Article|
X-Ray Diffraction and Scanning Electron Microscopy Observation of Lead Zirconate Titanate Thick Film Formed by Gas Deposition Method
Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, Agency of Industrial Science and Technology,
Ministry of International Trade and Industry, 1-2 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305, Japan
(Received May 7, 1997; accepted for publication July 4, 1997)
A lead zirconate titanate ( Pb(Zr, Ti)O3, PZT) thick film was produced using the Jet Molding System which was
developed from a gas deposition method. Some of the characteristics of the deposited lead zirconate titanate were determined
by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy. The dielectric constant was determined to be
760 after 500° C and 10 min of heat treatment for nonpolarized sample. Through scanning electron microscope observation,
some properties of the deposition of ultrafine particles of PZT were determined. A joining of the deposited particles could be
observed, which means a kind of sintering was caused by the deposition process. Crystal structure analysis was carried out using
X-ray diffraction for structural comparison before and after deposition. The perovskite structure of PZT was proved to be retained during the deposition process.
- M. Sakata, S. Wakabayashi, H. Goto, H. Totani, M. Takeuchi and T. Yada: Proc. IEEE The 9th Ann. Int. Workshop on MEMS '96 (IEEE, New Jersey, 1996) p. 263.
- C. Lee, S. Kawano and T. Suga: J. Mat. Sci. 31 (1996) 263.
- K. Shimomura, T. Tsurumi Y. Ohba and M. Daimon:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 2174[JSAP].
- S. Kasyu, E. Fuchita, T. Manabe and C. Hayashi:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 23 (1984) L910[JSAP].
- J. Akedo, M. Ichiki, K. Kikuchi and R. Maeda: Proc. IEEE the 10th Ann. Int. Workshop on MEMS '97 (IEEE, New Jersey, 1997) p. 135.
- J. Akedo, M. Ichiki, K. Kikuchi and R. Maeda: Trans. Inst. Elect. Eng. Jpn. 117-E (1997) 432.
- H. Adachi, Y. Kuroda, T. Imahashi and K. Yanagisawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1997) 1159[JSAP].
- J. Akedo, M. Ichiki, K. Kikuchi and R. Maeda: Abst. Micro Materials (DVM, Berlin, 1997) p. 103, to be published in Ex. Proc. Micro Materials (DVM, Berlin, 1997).
- K. Anlinker, H. R. Bruugger and W. Kanzig: Helv. Phys. Acta 27 (1954) 99.
- K. Ishikawa, K. Yoshioka and N. Okada:
Phys. Rev. B37 (1988) 5852[APS].
- S. Kashu and Y. Mihara: J. Jpn. Soc. Powder and Powder Metallurgy 42 (1995) 1411.