Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37 (1998) pp. L1178-L1180 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (217K)| |Buy This Article|
Analysis of Firing Voltage in a Plasma Display Panel of Coplanar Electrodes
Charged Particle Beam and Plasma Laboratory,
Department of Electrophysics, Kwangwoon University,
447-1, Wallgye-Dong, Nowon-Gu, Seoul, Korea 139-701
(Received June 5, 1998; accepted for publication July 29, 1998)
The analytical solution of Laplace's equation with a symmetric potential profile has been obtained
for investigating the breakdown criteria between the sustaining electrodes in the coplanar AC-type plasma
display panel. Using this solution, Paschen's Law has been analyzed along the various discharge paths
in the panel space using various sustaining electrode gap distances.
KEYWORDS:discharge, plasma display panel (PDP), Paschen's Law
- M. Makino, T. Yoshioka, M. Ueoka and T. Saito: IDW 1996, p. 259.
- S. Sato, H. Yamamoto, Y. Shirouchi, T. Iemori, N. Nakayama and I. Morita: IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 23 (1976) 328.
- T. Hirose, K. Kariya, M. Wakitani, A. Otsuka and T. Shinoda: Proc. Society for Information Display Symp. San Diego, CA (1996) SID Dig., p. 279.
- J. D. Jackson: Classical Electrodynamics (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1975) 2nd ed., p. 77.
- S. C. Brown: Basic Data of Plasma Physics (AIP Press, New York, 1994) Chap. 4, p. 140.