Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) pp. L1115-L1117 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (398K)| |Buy This Article|
Dislocation-Free Czochralski Si Crystal Growth without Dash Necking Using a Heavily B and Ge Codoped Si Seed
Faculty of Education, Shinshu University, Nishinagano, Nagano 380-8544, Japan
1Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8577, Japan
(Received September 20, 2000; accepted for publication October 6, 2000)
Dislocation-free Czochralski Si crystals were grown from undoped Si melt without Dash necking using heavily B and Ge codoped Si seeds 15×15 mm2 in cross-section. The concentration of B in codoped Si seeds was 2×1019 atoms/cm3 and that of Ge 8×1019 atoms/cm3. Dislocations due to thermal shock did not form in heavily B-doped seeds nor due to lattice misfit in grown crystals despite the very different B concentration in seeds and grown crystals. This indicates that B and Ge codoping adjusted the lattice constant of Si seeds to that of grown crystals.
- W. C. Dash:
J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1959) 459[AIP Scitation].
- W. C. Dash:
J. Appl. Phys. 31 (1960) 736[AIP Scitation].
- H. Yamagishi, H. Minami, M. Imai, T. Misawa and K. Takada: Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. Advanced Science & Technology of Si Materials, Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A., 1996, p. 59.
- K. Hoshikawa, X. Huang, T. Taishi, T. Kajigaya and T. Iino:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 38 (1999) L1369[JSAP].
- X. Huang, T. Taishi, I. Yonenaga and K. Hoshikawa:
J. Cryst. Growth 213 (2000) 283[CrossRef].
- T. Taishi, X. Huang, T. Fukami and K. Hoshikawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) L191[JSAP].
- X. Huang, T. Taishi, I. Yonenaga and K. Hoshikawa: submitted to Jpn. J. Appl. Phys.
- K. M. Kim and P. Smetana: J. Cryst. Growth 100 (1990) 527.
- R. W. Olesinski and G. J. Abbaschian: Bull. Alloy Phase Diag. 5 (1984) 180.
- F. A. Trumbore: Bell Syst. Tech. J. 39 (1960) 205.
- L. Vegard: Z. Phys. 5 (1921) 17.