Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) pp. L1164-L1166 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (77K)| |Buy This Article|
Effect of High-Pressure Oxygen Annealing on Bi2SiO5-Added Ferroelectric Thin Films
1Research and Development for Future Electron Devices, 1-10-14 Kitaueno, Taito-ku 110-0014, Japan
2Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
3Science University of Tokyo, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278-8510, Japan
(Received July 11, 2002; accepted for publication August 23, 2002)
The crystallization temperature of typical ferroelectric films such as PbZr1-XTiXO3 (PZT), SrBi2Ta2O9 (SBT), and (Bi,La)4Ti3O12 (BLT) was found to decrease by 150 to 200°C in a chemical solution deposition method by adding Bi2SiO5 (BSO) in the sol-gel solutions. It was also found that the ferroelectric and insulating characteristics of the BSO-added films were significantly improved by annealing in high-pressure oxygen up to 9.9 atms. Three-orders-of-magnitude improvement of the leakage current density was observed in BSO-added BLT films after annealing at 9.9 atms, while pronounced increase of the saturation polarization level was observed in BSO-added SBT and PZT films. From cross-sectional transmission electron microscopy (TEM) observations, the origin of the improved characteristics was speculated to be the structural change of the films.
- T. Kijima and H. Ishiwara:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) L716[JSAP].
- T. Kijima and H. Matsunaga:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37 (1998) 5171[JSAP].
- M. Yamaguchi, K. Hiraki, T. Nagatomo and Y. Masuda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) 5512[JSAP].
- B. H. Park, B. S. Kang, S. D. Bu, T. W. Noh, J. Lee and W. Jo:
Nature 401 (1999) 682[CrossRef].
- T. Hirai, Y. Fujisaki, K. Nagashima, H. Koike and Y. Tarui:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1997) 5908[JSAP].
- K. Kato, C. Zheng, J. M. Finder, S. K. Dey and Y. Torii: J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 81 (1998) 1869.
- K. Aizawa, E. Tokumitsu, K. Okamoto and H. Ishiwara:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 76 (2000) 2609[AIP Scitation].
- K. Aoki, Y. Fukuda, K. Numata and A. Nishimura:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 35 (1996) 2210[JSAP].
- Y. Shimamoto, K. A. Kushida, H. Miki and Y. Fujisaki:
Appl.Phys. Lett. 70 (1997) 1[AIP Scitation].
- N. Soyama, K. Miki, S. Mori and K. Ogi:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) 5434[JSAP].
- C. H. Lin, P. A. Friddle, X. Lu, H. Chen, Y. Kim and T. B. Wu:
J. Appl. Phys. 88 (2000) 2157[AIP Scitation].