Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) pp. 1139-1144 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (134K)| |Buy This Article|
Sb Pile-up at Oxide/Si Interface during Drive-in Diffusion after Predeposition Using Doped Oxide Source
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
(Received June 6, 2002; accepted for publication October 30, 2002)
The Sb pile-up phenomenon during drive-in diffusion at 1000°C in N2, dry O2 and wet O2 atmospheres after predeposition was investigated. The Sb surface concentration during the predeposition using doped oxide source was about 7×1018 cm-3 which is lower than the solid solubility. From the measured Sb depth profiles in both Si and oxide, it was found that the Sb pile-up layer is located at the oxide side of the oxide/Si interface, the Sb peak concentration of the layer is of the order of 1019 cm-3 irrespective of diffusion atmospheres, and the layer is not a single monolayer but above 4 nm in width. The Sb amount taken into oxide during drive-in diffusion increases with the increase in oxide thickness and Sb surface concentration in Si. For drive-in diffusion in N2 ambient, the Sb pile-up amount in oxide is nearly saturated within the initial 10 min, while for the diffusion in dry O2 ambient, this occurs within 30 min.
- K. Shibahara, M. Mifuji, T. Kugimiya, H. Tsuno, S. Yokoyama, M. Nagata, S. Miyazaki and M. Hirose: Tech. Dig. IEDM, 1996, p. 579.
- K. Shibahara, K. Egusa, K. Kamesaki and H. Furumoto:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) 2194[JSAP].
- G. A. Sai-Halasz, K. T. Short and J. S. Williams: IEEE Electron Device Lett. 6 (1985) 287.
- K. Shibahara, H. Furumoto, K. Egusa, M. Koh and S. Yokoyama: Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 532 (1998) 23.
- A. S. Grove, O. Leistiko and C. T. Sah:
J. Appl. Phys. 35 (1964) 2695[AIP Scitation].
- S. Mizuo and H. Higuchi: J. Electrochem. Soc. 130 (1983) 1942.
- F. A. Trumbore: Bell Syst. Tech. J. 39 (1960) 205.
- F. Lau, L. Mader, C. Mazure and C. Werner: Appl. Phys. 49 (1989) 671.
- Y.-S. Oh and D. E. Ward: Tech. Dig. IEDM, 1998, p. 509.
- M. Yoshida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 10 (1971) 702[JSAP].
- TMA: TSUPREM-4 Users Manual.