Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) pp. 2037-2040 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (183K)| |Buy This Article|
Ferroelectric Characteristics Control of (Bi,La)4Ti3O12 and SrBi2Ta2O9 Films by Addition of Silicates and Germanates
Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
1Research and Development for Future Electron Devices, 1-10-14 Kitaueno, Taito-ku 110-0014, Japan
(Received September 18, 2002; accepted for publication November 5, 2002)
Ferroelectric characteristics of (Bi,La)4Ti3O12 (BLT) and SrBi2Ta2O9 (SBT) films were changed by addition of certain silicates and germanates. The ferroelectric films were formed by spin-coating mixed chemical solution of BLT or SBT and silicate or germanate on a Pt/Ti/SiO2/Si structure. In the BLT-based films, it was found from X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis that the preferred orientation of crystallites was changed by changing metal elements in the silicates and germanates. From P–V (polarization vs. voltage) measurement, it is evident that the remanent polarization and coercive field were changed reflecting these different orientations. On the other hand, the crystallite orientation of the SBT-based films did not change, although its remanent polarization and coercive field were changed by additives.
- T. Kijima and H. Ishiwara:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) L716[JSAP].
- B. H. Park, B. S. Kang, S. D. Bu, T. W. Noh, J. Lee and W. Jo:
Nature 401 (1999) 682[CrossRef].
- U. Chon, G. C. Ti and H. M. Jang:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 78 (2001) 658[AIP Scitation].
- A. Kakimi, S. Okamura and T. Tsukamoto:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 33 (1994) L1707[JSAP].
- K. Kato, C. Zheng, J. M. Finder, S. K. Dey and Y. Torii: J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 81 (1998) 1869.
- K. Aizawa, E. Tokumitsu, K. Okamamoto and H. Ishiwara:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 76 (2000) 2609[AIP Scitation].
- T. Noguchi, T. Hase and Y. Miyasaka:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 35 (1996) 4900[JSAP].
- T. Watanabe, H. Funakubo, M. Osada, Y. Noguchi and M. Miyayama:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 80 (2002) 100[AIP Scitation].
- Y. Noguchi, I. Miwa, Y. Goshima and M. Miyayama:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) L1259[JSAP].
- K. Kojima, T. Sakai, T. Watanabe and H. Funakubo:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 80 (2002) 2746[AIP Scitation].