Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) pp. 2690-2691 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (86K)| |Buy This Article|
Effect of Manganese Impurity on the Conductivity, Dielectric Behavior and Magnetic Properties of Ni0.3MnxZn0.7-xFe2O4
Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi-110016, India
1Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Dwarka, New Delhi-110 045, India
(Received November 25, 2002; accepted for publication January 15, 2003)
Ni0.3MnxZn0.7-xFe2O4 samples, with x=0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, have been prepared by the citrate precursor method and their dc resistivity, complex initial permeability, permittivity and saturation magnetization are studied. Initial increase followed by a decrease is observed in dc resistivity and saturation magnetization (maximum 57 emu/gm) with increase in x. Initial relative permeability is observed to decrease from 550 to 100 with increase in manganese content. A shift in dielectric relaxation peak towards higher frequencies is observed with increase in x. A slight variation of resistivity is observed with increasing applied field.
- A. K. Singh, A. Verma, O. P. Thakur, C. Prakash, T. C. Goel and R. G. Mendiratta:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) 5142[JSAP].
- A. K. Singh, O. P. Thakur, C. Prakash, T. C. Goel and R. G. Mendiratta:
J. Appl. Phys. 92 (2002) 3872[AIP Scitation].
- A. Verma, T. C. Goel, R. G. Mendiratta and M. I. Alam: Mater. Sci. Eng. B 60 (1999) 156.
- A. K. Singh, T. C. Goel, R. G. Mendiratta, O. P. Thakur and C. Prakash:
J. Appl. Phys. 91 (2002) 6626[AIP Scitation].
- A. Goldman: Modern Ferrite Technology (Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1990) p. 71.
- B. P. Rao and K. H. Rao:
J. Appl. Phys. 80 (1996) 6804[AIP Scitation].
- M. I. Mendelsion:
J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 60 (1969) 443[CrossRef].
- W. D. Kingery, H. K. Bowen and P. R. Uhlmann: Introduction to ceramics (Wiley, New York, 1975) p. 904.
- W. Heywang:
J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 47 (1964) 484[CrossRef].
- K. H. Rao, S. B. Raju, K. Aggarwal and R. G. Mendiratta:
J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981) 1376[AIP Scitation].
- C. G. Koops:
Phys. Rev. 83 (1951) 121[APS].
- B. K. Kumar, P. K. Singh, P. Kishan, N. Kumar, S. L. N. Rao, P. K. Singh and S. L. Srivastava:
J. Appl. Phys. 63 (1988) 3780[AIP Scitation].
- J. Smit and H. P. J. Wijn: Ferrites (Philips Technical Library, Eindhoven, 1959) p. 151.