Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) pp. 2872-2875 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (106K)| |Buy This Article|
A Single Zone Azimuth Calibration for Rotating Compensator Multichannel Ellipsometry
Department of Physics, Hanyang University, Ansan 425-791, Korea
(Received July 17, 2002; revised manuscript revised November 18, 2002; accepted for publication December 24, 2002)
A rotating compensator type spectroscopic ellipsometry (RCSE) equipped with a multichannel detector was developed. For accurate data reduction, the azimuth of each optical element should be determined with respect to the plane of incidence. In this paper, we present a spectroscopic single-zone phase calibration method for RCSE utilizing multichannel measurements. With this method, the azimuth of the polarizer could be determined as accurately as in the two-zone phase method, but the time required for calibration process was reduced by half.
- R. M. A. Azzam and N. M. Bashara: Ellipsometry and Polarized Light (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1988) Chap. 3, p. 166.
- P. S. Hauge and F. H. Dill: Opt. Comm. 14 (1975) 431.
- D. E. Aspnes: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 65 (1975) 1274.
- P. I. Rovira, A. S. Ferlauto, Ilsin An, H. Fujiwara, J. Koh, R. J. Koval, C. R. Wronski and R. W. Collins: Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 557 (1999) 719.
- J. Lee, P. I. Rovira, Ilsin An and R. W. Collins:
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 69 (1998) 1800[AIP Scitation].
- D. E. Aspnes: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 64 (1974) 812.
- J. M. M. De Nijs, A. H. M. Holtslag, A. Hoeksta and A. Van Silfhout: J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 5 (1988) 1466.
- B. Johs:
Thin Solid Films 234 (1993) 395[CrossRef].
- D. E. Aspnes and J. B. Theeten: J. Electrochem. Soc. 127 (1980) 1359.
- H. R. Philipp: Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids, ed. E. D. Palik (Academic Press, San Diego, 1985).