Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) pp. L1512-L1515 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (170K)| |Buy This Article|
Visible Spectroscopy in 1 TW, 50 fs Laser Interaction with Thin-Film Targets
Advanced Sciences of Matter, Hiroshima University, Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8530, Japan
(Received August 21, 2003; accepted October 13, 2003; published December 3, 2003)
Visible radiation accompanying particle generation by a 1 TW, 50 fs laser irradiation of plastic and metal films was spectroscopically studied. Both the particles and radiation were generated in the forward and backward directions perpendicular to the target film. The radiation was measured along the path of the generated particles and separated into spectral components, providing information on the particle species (ions and neutral atoms) and their spatial distributions. Their dependencies on the film thickness of the two types of targets were also studied. Analysis of the spectral linewidth provided information on the temperature and density around the target.
- E. L. Clark, K. Krushelnick, J. R. Davies, M. Zepf, M. Tatarakis, F. N. Beg, A. Machacek, P. A. Norreys, M. I. K. Santala, I. Watts and A. E. Dangor:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 84 (2000) 670[APS].
- R. A. Snavely et al.:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 85 (2000) 2945[APS].
- Y. Sentoku, T. E. Cowan, A. Kemp and H. Ruhl: Phys. Plasmas 10 (2003) 2009.
- S. J. Gitomer, R. D. Jones, F. Begay, A. W. Ehler, J. F. Kephart and R. Kristal:
Phys. Fluids 29 (1986) 2679[AIP Scitation].
- Y. Wada, T. Kubota and A. Ogata: Science of Superstrong Field Interactions-7th Int. Symp. Grad. School for Advanced Studies, eds. K. Nakajima and M. Decuchi (American Inst. of Phys., New York, 2002) AIP Conf. Proc. 634 (2002) 329.
- Y. Wada, T. Kubota and A. Ogata: to be publishd in Proc. 2003 Particle Acclerator Conf., Portland, 2003.
- D. C. Slater:
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 49 (1978) 1493[AIP Scitation].
- W. Mroz P. Norek, A. Prokopiuk, P. Parys, M. Pfeifer, L. Laska, M. P. Stockli, D. Fry and K. Kasuya:
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 71 (2000) 1417[AIP Scitation].
- S. Cecchini, H. Dekhissi, V. Garutti, G. Giacomelli, E. Katsavounidis, G. Mandrioli, A. R. Margiotta-Neri, L. Patrizii, V. Popa, P. Serra, M. Spurio, V. Togo, U. Valdre and E. Vilela: Nuovo Cimento 109A (1996) 1119.
- C. Stehle and R. Hucheon: Astronomy & Astrophys., Suppl. Ser. 140 (1999) 93.