Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) pp. L1516-L1518 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (111K)| |Buy This Article|
Effect of B2O3 Vapor Doping on the Lattice Parameter and Electrical Properties in BaTiO3 Ceramics
Department of Applied Physics and Materials Research Center, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
(Received October 20, 2003; accepted October 29, 2003; published December 3, 2003)
The effect of boron vapor doping on the lattice structure of barium titanate-based ceramics was investigated by X-ray diffraction. Both the un-doped and boron vapor doped BaTiO3 ceramics were found to exhibit a tetragonal phase, but the lattice parameters of the doped ceramics are larger than the parameters of the undoped one. This lattice expansion due to the vapor doping is convincing evidence that vapor doping can effectively modify the lattice structure of ceramics. The influence of boron vapor doping on the electrical properties of a barium titanate-based semiconductor was also reported.
- J. Q. Qi, W. P. Chen, Y. J. Wu and L. T. Li: J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 81 (1998) 437.
- J. Q. Qi, Z. L. Gui, Y. J. Wu and L. T. Li: Sens. & Actuat. A 93 (2001) 84.
- J. Q. Qi, Z. L. Gui, L. T. Li and Y. J. Wu: J. Mater. Res. 14 (1999) 3328.
- C. C. Wang, X. Zheng and J. Zhu: Europhys. Lett. 63 (2003) 590.
- P. W. Haayman, R. W. Dam and H. A. Klasens: German Patent 929350 (1955).
- J. F. Scott: Ferroelectr. Rev. 1 (1998) 1.
- S. Mathews, R. Ramesh, T. Venkatesan and J. Benedetto: Science 276 (1997) 238[Science].
- B. H. Park, B. S. Kang, S. D. Bu, T. W. Noh, J. Lee and W. Jo:
Nature 401 (1999) 682[CrossRef].
- T. Hayashi, H. Shinozaki, K. Sasaki: J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 19 (1999) 1011.
- A. Rae, M. Chu and V. Ganine: in Ceramic Transactions (The American Ceramic Society, Ohio, 1999) Vol. 100, pp. 1–12.
- S. M. Rhim, S. Hong, H. Bak and O. K. Kim: J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 83 (2000) 1145.
- J. H. Lee, Y. W. Heo, J. A. Lee, Y. D. Ryoo, J. J. Kim and S. H. Cho: Solid State Ionics 101-103 (1977) 787.
- X. P. Li and W. H. Shih:
J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 80 (1997) 2844[CrossRef].
- J. Q. Qi, Q. Zhu, Y. L. Wang, Y. J. Wu and L. T. Li:
Solid State Commun. 120 (2001) 505[CrossRef].