Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) pp. L589-L591 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (267K)| |Buy This Article|
Bit-by-Bit Detection on Super-Resolution Near-Field Structure Disk with Platinum Oxide Layer
Advanced Technology Research Laboratories, Sharp Corporation, 2613-1 Ichinomoto-cho, Tenri, Nara 632-8567, Japan
1Information Technology Research Center, TDK Corporation, 462-1 Otai, Saku, Nagano 385-0009, Japan
2Laboratory for Advanced Optical Technology, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1-1-1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8562, Japan
(Received February 19, 2003; accepted for publication April 4, 2003)
Bit-by-bit detection at a recording density of 0.11 µm pits is achieved on a super-resolution near-field structure (super-RENS) disk with a platinum oxide layer. Pits and spaces are arranged as a recording pattern for pit position recording. The pattern is recorded on the disk with using a 635-nm-wavelength laser and an objective lens with a 0.6 numerical aperture. After recording using laser pulses with pre- and post-heating, the pattern is correctly reproduced despite a size that is smaller than the resolution limit. Furthermore, the readout durability is more improved than that of the previous silver oxide disk. The pattern is clearly digitized by a read channel circuit for bit-by-bit detection.
- H. Fuji, J. Tominaga, L. Men, T. Nakano, H. Katayama and N. Atoda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) 980[JSAP].
- J. Tominaga, H. Fuji, A. Sato, T. Nakano and N. Atoda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (2000) 957[JSAP].
- H. Fuji, J. H. Kim, T. Shima, T. Nakano, D. Buechel, J. Tominaga, H. Katayama and N. Atoda: J. Magn. Soc. Jpn. 25 (2001) 383.
- T. Kikukawa, A. Tachibana, H. Fuji and J. Tominaga: Tech. Dig. ISOM/ODS2002 Postdeadline Papers, p. 45.
- H. Fuji, T. Kikukawa, T. Shima and J. Tominaga: Ext. Abstr. (63th Autumn Meet., 2002); The Japan Society of Applied Physics, 27a-YD-3.
- T. Kikukawa, H. Fuji, T. Shima and J. Tominaga: Proc. 14th Symp. PCOS2002 (The Society of Phase Change Recording, Fuji, Japan, 2002) p. 56.
- T. Kikukawa, H. Nakano, T. Shima and J. Tominaga:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 81 (2002) 4697[AIP Scitation].