Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) pp. 2677-2680 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (148K)| |Buy This Article|
Position Dependent Stress Distribution of Indium-Tin-Oxide on Polymer Substrate by Applying External Bending Force
Department of Electrical & Electronic Eng. (C 724), College of Eng., Yonsei University, 134 Shinchon-dong, Seodaemoon-ku, Seoul 120-749, Korea
1Information Display Research Center, Korea Electronics Technology Institute, Pyungtaek, Kyunggi 442-860, Korea
(Received June 10, 2003; accepted December 18, 2003; published May 11, 2004)
In this paper, we investigated the position-dependent stress distribution of indium–tin–oxide (ITO) film on a polycarbonate (PC) substrate by applying an external bending force. It was found that crack density is maximum at the center position and decreases toward the edge. In accordance with crack distribution, it was observed that the change is electrical resistivity of ITO islands is maximum at the center and decreases toward the edge. From the result that crack density increases at the same island position as face-plate distance (L) decreases, it is evident that more stress is imposed on the same island position as L decreases.
- P. C. P. Bouten: Eurodisplay, 2002, p. 313.
- M. Haenen: Philips Electronics N. V., 2002, p. 801.
- M. Yanaka, Y. Tsukahara, T. Okabe and N. Takeda:
J. Appl. Phys. 90 (2001) 713[AIP Scitation].
- M. Yanaka, Y. Kato, Y. Tsukahara and N. Takeda: Thin Solid Films 355 (1999) 337.
- Y. Leterrier, L. Boogh, J. Andersons and J.-A. E. Manson: J. Polym. Sci. B: Polym. Phys. 35 (1997) 1449.
- D. R. Cairns, R. P. Witte II, D. K. Sparacin, S. M. Sachsman, D. C. Paine, G. P. Crawford and R. R. Newton:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 76 (2000) 1425[AIP Scitation].
- P. I. Hsu, M. Huang, S. Wagner, Z. Suo and J. C. Sturm: Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 621 (2000) Q8.6.
- J. S. Wang, Y. Sugimura, A. G. Evans and W. K. Tredway:
Thin Solid Films 325 (1998) 163[CrossRef].
- S. K. Park, J. I Han, D. G. Moon and W. K. Kim: Trans. Electr. & Electron. Mater. 3 (2002) 244.
- C.-H. Hsueh:
J. Appl. Phys. 91 (2002) 9652[AIP Scitation].