Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) pp. 2831-2832 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (60K)| |Buy This Article|
Effect of Ultrasonic Frequency on Lactic Acid Fermentation Promotion by Ultrasonic Irradiation
Musashi Institute of Technology, 1-28-1 Tamazutsumi, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-8557, Japan
(Received November 21, 2003; accepted February 27, 2004; published May 28, 2004)
The authors have been researching the promotion of lactic acid fermentation by ultrasonic irradiation. In the past research, it was proven that ultrasonic irradiation is effective in the process of fermentation, and the production of yoghurt and kefir was promoted. In this study, the effect of the ultrasonic frequency in this fermentation process was examined. In the frequency range of this study, it was found that the action of fermentation promotion was exponentially proportionate to the irradiated ultrasonic frequency.
KEYWORDS:lactic acid fermentation, yoghurt, kefir, ultrasonic irradiation, frequency dependence
- Nyusankin-kenkyu shudankai: Nyusankin-no Kagaku-to Gijutsu (Science and Technology of Lactic Bacteria) (Gakkai-shuppan-senta, Tokyo 1986) p. 226 [in Japanese].
- Y. Uchimura and S. Okada: Nyusankin Jikken Manuaru (Experiment Manual on Lactic Bacteria) (Asakura-shoten, Tokyo, 1992) p. 1 [in Japanese].
- N. Masuzawa and E. Ohdaira:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) 3277[JSAP].
- N. Masuzawa, A. Kimura and E. Ohdaira:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) 2963[JSAP].
- J. Saneyoshi, Y. Kikuchi and O. Nomoto: Chouonpa Gijutsu Binran (Handbook on Ultrasonics) (Nikkankougyou Shinbunsha, Tokyo, 1989) p. 118 and 251 [in Japanese].