Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) pp. 5078-5084 |Previous Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (198K)| |Buy This Article|
Improvement of Electron Beam Mastering Using Dry Etching Process
Corporate Research and Development Laboratories, PIONEER Corporation, 6-1-1 Fujimi, Tsurugashima-shi, Saitama 350-2288, Japan
1PDP Development Center, PIONEER Corporation, 2680 Nishihanawa, Tatomi-cho, Nakakoma-gun, Yamanashi 409-3889, Japan
(Received December 5, 2003; accepted February 19, 2004; published July 29, 2004)
We have developed an electron beam recorder and utilized it in high-density disk mastering. We discussed an electron scattering in disk mastering that degrades the reproduction performance of disks. In order to improve the reproduction performance, we applied a dry etching process to the disk mastering process, and confirmed its efficacy in reducing the scattering effect and improving disk noise by calculation and experiments. We fabricated `Blu-ray Disc'-type read-only memory disks with and without the dry etching process, and noticed the advantage of the dry etching process from the jitter comparison. Finally, a 4.7% jitter was achieved in a 25 GB capacity disk, while a 5.7% jitter was obtained in a 27 GB capacity disk with additional recording compensation.
- Y. Kojima, H. Kitahara, O. Kasono, M. Katsumura and Y. Wada:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37 (1998) 2137[JSAP].
- Y. Wada, M. Katsumura, Y. Kojima, H. Kitahara and T. Iida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 40 (2001) 1653[JSAP].
- M. Katsumura, H. Nishiwaki, T. Mitsuhata, M. Okano, T. Iida, A. Kouchiyama and H. Inoue:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) 1698[JSAP].
- O. Kasono, T. Sugimoto, M. Katsumura, T. Higuchi, Y. Kojima and T. Iida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) 764[JSAP].
- N. Shida, T. Higuchi, K. Suga and T. Iida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) 778[JSAP].
- H. Soejima: Denshisen maikuro anarishisu (Microanalysis of electron beam) (Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, Tokyo, 1987) [in Japanese].
- S. Miyanabe, H. Kuribayashi and K. Yamamoto:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 38 (1999) 1715[JSAP].
- Y. Tomita, H. Nishiwaki, S. Miyanabe, H. Kuribayashi, K. Yamamoto and F. Yokogawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 40 (2001) 1716[JSAP].
- S. Miyanabe, Y. Tomita, Y. Kuribayashi and S. Ohsawa: PIONEER R&D. 6-3 (1996) 24 [in Japanese].