Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) pp. L1199-L1201 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (115K)| |Buy This Article|
High Field-Effect Hole Mobility in Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Thin Films Prepared by Vacuum Vapor Deposition Technique
Department of Applied Science for Electronics and Materials, Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Kyushu University, 6-1 Kasuga, Fukuoka 816-8580, Japan
(Received June 7, 2004; accepted July 6, 2004; published August 20, 2004)
Organic-inorganic layered perovskite films, (C6H5C2H4NH3)2SnI4, were grown on 60°C substrates at a growth rate of 0.0005 nm/s by a vacuum vapor deposition technique, and field-effect transistors with a hybrid semiconductor were fabricated. From measurements of ultraviolet-visible (UV-VIS) absorption spectra and X-ray diffraction profiles, the vacuum-deposited films contained a well-developed layered perovskite structure, where inorganic sheets alternate with organic layers in the direction perpendicular to the substrate surface. In the field-effect transistors, the vacuum-deposited hybrid films acted as p-channel semiconductors and exhibited a hole mobility of 0.78 cm2/Vs in the saturation regime, a threshold voltage of -1.7 V, and a drain current on/off ratio of 4.2 ×105.
- C. R. Kagan, D. B. Mitzi and C. D. Dimitrakopoulos: Science 286 (1999) 945[Science].
- M. Era, T. Hattori, T. Taira and T. Tsutsui: Chem. Mater. 9 (1997) 8.
- D. B. Mitzi, C. D. Dimitrakopoulos and L. L. Kosbar: Chem. Mater. 13 (2001) 3728.
- Z. Xu, D. B. Mitzi, C. D. Dimitrakopoulos and K. R. Maxcy: Inorg. Chem. 42 (2003) 2031.
- K. Chondroudis, D. B. Mitzi and P. Brock: Chem. Mater. 12 (2000) 169.
- D. B. Mitzi, C. A. Feild, W. T. A. Harrison and A. M. Guloy:
Nature 369 (1994) 467[CrossRef].
- D. B. Mitzi, S. Wang, C. A. Feild, C. A. Chess and A. M. Guloy: Science 267 (1995) 1473[Science].
- D. B. Mitzi, C. A. Feild, Z. Schlesinger and R. B. Laibowitz:
J. Solid State Chem. 114 (1995) 159[CrossRef].
- G. C. Papavassiliou, I. B. Koutselas, A. Terzis and M. H. Whangbo:
Solid State Commun. 91 (1994) 695[CrossRef].
- D. Zou and T. Tsutsui:
J. Appl. Phys. 87 (2000) 285[AIP Scitation].
- M. Shtein, J. Mapel, J. B. Benziger and S. R. Forrest:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 81 (2002) 268[AIP Scitation].
- A. Salleo, M. L. Chabinyc, M. S. Yang and R. A. Street:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 81 (2002) 4383[AIP Scitation].