Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) pp. L321-L323 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (105K)| |Buy This Article|
Grazing Incident X-Ray Topographs of Heteroepitaxial ZnSe Films on GaAs Substrates
Department of Material Science, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Shimane University, 1060 Nishi-Kawatsu, Matsue 690-8504, Japan
1Department of Health Science, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 5-11-80 Kodatsuno, Kanazawa 920-0942, Japan
2IME-CNR, Via Arnesano, I-73100 Lecce, Italy
3INFM and Department of Innovation Engineering, University of Lecce, Via Arnesano, I-73100 Lecce, Italy
(Received October 15, 2003; accepted January 8, 2004; published February 13, 2004)
Surface reflection topographs of heteroepitaxial ZnSe films on GaAs substrates were obtained using grazing incident synchrotron X-ray radiation. The topographs indicated that diffraction occurred only in the ZnSe epilayer because no misfit dislocations within the interface were visible. Furthermore, the lattice perfection of the ZnSe epilayer was lower than that of the GaAs substrate, although strain relaxation arose due to the nucleation of misfit dislocations.
- R. W. James: The Optical Principles of the Diffraction of X-rays (Cornell Univ. Press, Ithaca, New York, 1965) p. 171.
- S. Kimura, J. Mizuki, J. Matsui and T. Ishikawa:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 60 (1992) 2604[AIP Scitation].
- N. Lovergine, P. Prete, G. Leo, L. Calcagnile, R. Cingolani, A. M. Mancini, F. Romanato and A. V. Drigo: Cryst. Res. Technol. 33 (1998) 183.
- G. Horsburgh, K. A. Prior, W. Meredith, I. Galbraith, B. C. Cavenett, C. R. Whitehouse, G. Lacey, A. C. Cullis, P. J. Parbrook, P. Moeck and K. Mizuno:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 72 (1998) 3148[AIP Scitation].
- J. W. Matthews and A. E. Blakeslee:
J. Cryst. Growth 27 (1974) 118[CrossRef].