Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) pp. L355-L357 |Previous Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (124K)| |Buy This Article|
Carbon Gold Sulfide Synthesized by Cooperation Process of Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Sputtering
Department of Electronics, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
(Received November 20, 2003; revised December 28, 2003; accepted January 13, 2004; published February 20, 2004)
A new carbon gold sulfide (C-Au-S) was synthesized by a cooperation process of plasma chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and sputtering with a mixture of CH4, SF6 and Ar gases using gold plate discharge electrode. The films formed at 0.1–0.07 Torr were almost transparent in the visible wavelength range. X-ray diffraction spectrum for the film with gold atoms more than 10 at% did not show any peak, whereas the gold atoms are expected to be distributed uniformly. The refractive index of the C-Au-S film was determined to be 2.5–3.3, however, this value was apparently smaller than the expected value from the electronic polarizability and atomic composition of C, Au and S. In order to overcome this inconsistency, it was considered that the film contains conductive C-Au-S granular moles.
- E. Kay: Z. Phys. D3 (1986) 251.
- H. Biederman: Vacuum 37 (1987) 367.
- L. Martinu: Solar Energy Mater. 15 (1987) 21.
- H. Biederman, L. Martinu, D. Slavinska and I. Chudacek: Pure Appl. Chem. 60 (1988) 607.
- H. Biederman and L. Martinu: Plasma Deposition, Treatment, and Etching of Polymers, ed. R. d'Agostino (Academic Press, 1990) p. 269.
- Md. A. Kashem, M. Matushita and S. Morita: J. Photopolym. Sci. Technol. 15 (2002) 317.
- M. Matushita, Md. A. Kashem and S. Morita:
Thin Solid Films 407 (2002) 50[CrossRef].
- Y. Asano, H. Yamazaki and A. Morinaka:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 22 (1983) 480[JSAP].
- K. Ishikawa, T. Isonaga, S. Wakita and Y. Suzuki: Solid State Ionics 79 (1995) 60.
- K. Siegbahn: ESCA Applied to Free Molecules (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1969).
- I. Dutta, C. B. Munns and G. Datta:
Thin Solid Films 304 (1997) 229[CrossRef].
- C. Kittel: Introduction to Solid State Physics (J. Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1986) p. 379.