Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) pp. 842-846 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (304K)| |Buy This Article|
Change in Electrical Resistance of Diamond Surface Conductive Layer due to Acid Mist
Department of Information and Network, Tokai University Junior College, 2-3-23 Takanawa, Minato, Tokyo 108-8619, Japan
1Department of Electronics, School of Information Technology and Electronics, Tokai University, 1117 Kitakaname, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259-1292, Japan
(Received November 20, 2003; revised August 30, 2004; accepted October 22, 2004; published February 8, 2005)
Experimentally obtained results of the change in electrical resistance of the p-type diamond surface conductive layer (PSCL) are simulated using a rate equation. According to a model that simulates the process responsible for the decrease in electrical resistance caused by acid mist containing oxonium ions (H3O+), H3O+ ions react with hydrogen atoms terminating dangling bonds on the diamond surface and cause the creation of holes in diamond films. The rate equation describing these hole creation processes is set up and time-dependent electrical resistance is simulated. The simulated results are in agreement with the experimental results.
KEYWORDS:diamond film, p-type surface conductive layer, time dependence of surface resistance, acid mist, oxonium
- M. I. Landstrass and K. V. Ravii:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 55 (1989) 1391[AIP Scitation].
- H. Shiomi, Y. Nishibayasi and N. Fujimori:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 1363[JSAP].
- D. Takeuchi, S.Yamanaka and H. Okushi: Diamond Relat. Mater. 11 (2002) 355.
- J. Shirafuji and T. Sugino: Diamond Relat. Mater. 5 (1996) 706.
- H. Kawarada, H. Sasaki and A. Sato:
Phys. Rev. B 52 (1995) 11351[APS].
- Ri. S. Gi, T. Mizumasa, Y. Akiba, Y. Hirose, T. Kurosu and M. Iida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 34 (1995) 5550[JSAP].
- F. Maier, M. Riedel, B. Mantel, J. Ristein and L. Ley:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 85 (2000) 3472[APS].
- Ri. S. Gi, T. Ishikawa, S. Tanaka, T. Kimura, Y. Akiba and M. Iida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1997) 2057[JSAP].
- J. B. Cui, J. Ristein and L. Ley:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 81 (1998) 429[APS].
- Ri Sung Gi, K. Tashiro, S. Tanaka, T. Fujisawa, H. Kimura, T. Kurosu and M. Iida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 38 (1999) 3492[JSAP].