Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) pp. L763-L765 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (91K)| |Buy This Article|
Mutual Inductance Coupled through Superconducting Thin Film in Niobium Josephson Integrated Circuits
Department of Electronic Engineering, The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
(Received March 14, 2005; accepted April 23, 2005; published June 3, 2005)
We present numerical and experimental investigation on mutual inductance coupled through a superconducting Nb thin film. The inductance extraction program FastHenry with superconductor support is used for numerical calculation. The self- and mutual inductances of two superconducting strip lines are calculated as functions of the width of the shield layer inserted between them. The results demonstrate that the mutual coupling is reduced with increasing shield layer width. A superconducting quantum interference method is employed to measure the mutual inductance on Nb IC chips. The experimental results of the mutual inductance agree with the calculated results.
KEYWORDS:superconductor, mutual inductance, Meissner effect, magnetic shield, niobium, FastHenry, SQUID
- T. Shiota, S. Kotani and T. Imamura:
IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 5 (1995) 31[CrossRef].
- S. Nagasawa, K. Hinode, T. Satoh, H. Akaike, Y. Kitagawa and M. Hidaka:
Physica C 412–414 (2004) 1429[CrossRef].
- K. Suzuki, S. Yorozu, K. Kameda, Y. Tarutani and K. Tanabe: Ext. Abstr. (65th Autumn Meet. 2004); Japan Society of Applied Physics, 2p-F-5 [in Japanese].
- Y. Mizugaki, K. Yanagisawa, T. Onomi, T. Yamashita, K. Nakajima, H. Yamamori and A. Shoji:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 38 (1999) 5869[JSAP].
- M. Kamon, M. J. Tsuk and J. K. White: IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech. 44 (1994) 1750.
- S. R. Whitely; FastHenry 3.0wr (2001). The code is available at http://www.wrcad.com.
- For example, W. H. Henkels:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 32 (1978) 829[AIP Scitation].
- S. Nagasawa, S. Hashimoto, Y. Numata and S. Tahara:
IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 5 (1995) 2447[CrossRef].
- W. H. Chang:
J. Appl. Phys. 50 (1979) 8129[AIP Scitation].
- W. H. Henkels:
J. Appl. Phys. 50 (1979) 8143[AIP Scitation].