Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) pp. 1181-1186 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (389K)| |Buy This Article|
Recent Advancements in DataPlay's Small Form-Factor Optical Disc and Drive
DPHI, Inc., 2580 55th Street, Boulder, Colorado 80301, U.S.A.
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, U.S.A.
(Received August 17, 2005; accepted November 4, 2005; published online February 24, 2006)
A small form-factor 0.85NA red laser system with 1 GB capacity per 32 mm cartridge will be reviewed. Test results from write once media and newly developed first surface rewritable media will be shown. Modifications to the micro optical pickup (OPU) to use a high power laser diode to support rewritable media will be described, and results of thermal analysis of the complete drive system will be presented.
KEYWORDS:optical recording, front surface recording, 32 mm disc, small form-factor, DataPlay, laser diode, thermal analysis
- B. W. Bell, Jr.:
Proc. SPIE 4342 (2002) 543[AIP Scitation].
- B. W. Bell, Jr.: ISOM 2002 Tech. Dig.
- D. H. Davies: Nikkei Magazine (June, 2001) 14.
- D. H. Davies: IEEE Micro 22 (2002) 8.
- B. W. Bell, Jr., D. L. Blankenbeckler, J. Geohegan, D. Howe and L. Lee:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) 4890[JSAP].
- D. L. Blankenbeckler, D. H. Davies, W. W. A. Dunford, B. W. Bell, Jr. and R. H. Hamer:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2004) 4896[JSAP].
- D. L. Blankenbeckler, B. W. Bell, Jr., D. H. Davies and L. W. Lee:
Proc. SPIE 5380 (2004) 171[AIP Scitation].
- B. W. Bell, Jr. and S. D. Wilson:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 3388[JSAP].
- ICEPAK and ICEPRO are products of Fluent Inc, 10 Cavendish Court, Lebanon, NH 03766-1442, U.S.A.
- C. Wagner:
J. Appl. Phys. 19 (1948) 837[AIP Scitation].