Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) pp. 1390-1393 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (154K)| |Buy This Article|
Enhanced Readout Signal of Elliptic-Bubble Super Resolution Near Field Structure by Temperature-Dependent Complex Refractive Index of Phase-Change Medium
Department of Molecular Science and Technology, Ajou University, Suwon 442-749, Korea
1Department of Physics, Ajou University, Suwon 442-749, Korea
(Received August 18, 2005; revised October 28, 2005; accepted November 22, 2005; published online February 24, 2006)
We propose a model elucidating the readout mechanism of the super resolution near-field structure (super-RENS) with an elliptic-bubble structure. The temperature dependence of the complex refractive index of Ge2Sb2Te5 is determined by in situ ellipsometry. The complex refractive index of Ge2Sb2Te5 shows quite an abrupt change at approximately 608°C. The temperature profile is calculated using a proposed first-order differential equation. Above the threshold readout power, Ge2Sb2Te5 is locally heated over the critical temperature when thickest region of Ge2Sb2Te5 is in commensurate with the center position of the Gaussian laser power distribution, which results in the abrupt amplification of signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of the calculated reflectance. Thus, a model revealing the essential aspect of the elliptic-bubble super-RENS is proposed to elucidate its readout mechanism.
KEYWORDS:super-RENS, readout mechanism, PtOx, GST, temperature-dependent complex refractive index, ellipsometry
- J. Tominaga, T. Nakano and N. Atoda:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 73 (1998) 2078[AIP Scitation].
- T. Kikukawa, T. Nakano, T. Shima and J. Tominaga:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 81 (2002) 4697[AIP Scitation].
- J. Kim, I. Hwang, H. Kim, J. Bae, M. Jung, I. Park and J. Tominaga: Proc. ISPS 2005, Awaji Yumebutai ICC, 2005, p. 46.
- J. Tominaga, T. Shima, M. Kuwahara, T. Fukaya, A. Kolobov and T. Nakano:
Nanotechnology 15 (2004) 411[IoP STACKS].
- J. Tominaga: Proc. ISPS 2005, Awaji Yumebutai ICC, 2005, p. 1.
- X. Li, C. I. Kim, S.-H. An, S. G. Oh and S. Y. Kim:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 3623[JSAP].
- S. Y. Kim: Proc. ISPS 2005, Awaji Yumebutai ICC, 2005, p. 15.
- D. Kim, S. J. Kim, S. Y. Kim and S. H. An: Hankook Kwanghak Hoeji 12 (2001) 394 [in Korean].
- K. Yasuda, M. Ono, K. Aratani, A. Fukumoto and M. Kaneko:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 32 (1993) 5210[JSAP].
- Y. Kasami, K. Yasuda, M. Ono, A. Fukumoto and M. Kaneko:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 35 (1996) 423[JSAP].