Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) pp. 3401-3404 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (188K)| |Buy This Article|
Compact RF Switch ICs Using Dielectric Overhang Gate Process and Stacked Inductor
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University, San 56-1, Shillim-dong, Kwanak-ku, Seoul 151-744, Korea
(Received September 14, 2005; revised November 14, 2005; accepted December 19, 2005; published online April 25, 2006)
In this paper, we present a compact quadrate-gate single-pole double-through RF switch. We could reduce the size of the multiple-gate high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) switch by reducing the length of the ohmic electrode and the distance between the source and drain electrodes without a severe degradation of switch performance. We developed the dielectric overhang gate process to reduce the distance between the source and drain electrodes of the multiple-gate HEMT switch. LC resonance using a stacked multilayer inductor was employed for the enhancement of isolation without extra area consumption.
- A. M. Street: IEE Training Course, 2000, p. 4/1.
- K. Numata, Y. Takaashi, T. Maeda and H. Hida: IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symp., 2002, p. 141.
- M. Masuda, N. Ohgata, H. Ishiuchi, K. Onda and R. Tamamoto: Tech. Dig. Gallium Arsenide Integrated Circuit Symp., 1998, p. 229.
- T. Tokumitsu, I. Toyoda and M. Aikawa: IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech. 43 (1995) 997.
- K. Miyatsuji and D. Ueda: IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits 30 (1994) 979.
- K. Ymamoto, T. Heima, A. Furukawa, M. Ono, Y. Hasaizume, H. Komurasaki, S. Maeda and H. Sato: IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits 36 (2001) 1186.
- S. Makioka, Y. Anda, K. Miyatsuji and D. Ueda:
IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 48 (2001) 1510[CrossRef].
- C. P. Yue, C. Ryu, J. Lau, T. H. Lee and S. S. Wong: IEDM Tech. Dig., 1996, p. 155.