Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) pp. L1200-L1202 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (99K)| |Buy This Article|
Flash Memory Device with `I' Shape Floating Gate for Sub-70 nm NAND Flash Memory
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Kyungpook National University, Sankyuk-Dong, Buk-Gu, Daegu 702-701, Korea
(Received September 12, 2006; accepted October 13, 2006; published online November 10, 2006)
In this article, we proposed a novel `I' shape floating gate applicable to the sub-70 nm flash memory cell with high performance and scalability. It has modified floating gate of conventional flash memory to have high coupling-ratio (CR), low effect of interference or cross-talk. Specifically, it has ∼13% higher CR and ∼33/46% lower effect of cross-talk of the bit-line/word-line state than those of conventional flash memory cell with scale-downed geometry. In addition, `I' shape flash memory cell shows improved characteristics about programming time, drain disturbance, read current, sub-threshold swing, and drain induced barrier lowering than conventional flash memory cell.
- Y. S. Hisamune, K. Kanamori, T. Kubota, Y. Suzuki, M. Tsukiji, E. Hasegawa, A. Ishitani and T. Okazawa: IEDM Tech. Dig., 1993, p. 19.
- H. Shirai, T. Kubota, I. Honma, H. Watanabe, H. Ono and T. Okazawa: IEDM Tech. Dig., 1995, p. 653.
- T. Kitamura, M. Kawata, I. Honma, I. Yamamoto, S. Nishimoto and K. Oyama: VLSI Tech. Dig., 1998, p. 104.
- T.-K. Kim, J. Song, D. Oh, C. Lee, T. Jang, J. Lim, D. Lee, S. Lee, M. Lim, B. Park, M. Lee, S. Jo, W. Lee, J. Choi and K. Kim: Korean Conf. Semiconductors, 2006, Vol. 13, p. 103.
- J.-G. Kim, J.-Y. Ahn, H.-S. Kim, J.-W. Lim, C.-H. Kim, H. Shu, K. Hasebe, S.-H. Hur, J.-H. Park, H.-S. Kim, Y.-G. Shin, U. Chung and J.-T. Moon: IEDM Tech. Dig., 2004, p. 1063.
- M. Momodomi, T. Tanaka, Y. Iwata, Y. Tanaka, H. Oodaira, Y. Itoh, R. Shirota, K. Ohuchi and F. Masuoka: IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits 26 (1991) 492.
- J.-D. Lee, S.-H. Hur and J.-D. Choi:
IEEE Electron Device Lett. 23 (2002) 264[CrossRef].