Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) pp. 128-130 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (105K)| |Buy This Article|
Monitoring Reaction Products of Novolac Resists during Puddle Development
1Postgraduate Courses of Functional Control Systems, Shibaura Institute of Technology, 3-9-14 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8548, Japan
2Corporate Manufacturing Engineering Center, Toshiba Corporation, 33 Shin-isogo-cho, Isogo-ku, Yokohama 235-0017, Japan
3Semiconductor Company, Toshiba Corporation, 3500 Matsuoka, Oita 870-0125, Japan
(Received December 10, 2005; accepted September 27, 2006; published online January 10, 2007)
We have developed a new technique for monitoring the concentration of reaction products during puddle development in ultralarge-scale integration (ULSI) lithography. Optical measurement has been employed for monitoring the concentration of reaction products by detecting reflected light from a wafer surface, and compared with the sampling method (UV–visible spectroscopy) for reaction products from a developer solution. A correlation coefficient of 0.89 was obtained, indicating a good correlation between this optical method and sampling method. We concluded that the newly developed optical monitoring technique is useful for measuring the concentration of reaction products.
KEYWORDS:reaction product, developer solution, puddle development, optical monitoring technique, Lambert–Beer's law
- R. F. Leonard and J. A. McFarland:
Proc. SPIE 275 (1981) 187[AIP Scitation].
- R. F. Leonard, G. Sim, and R. Weiss: Solid State Technol. 24 (1981) 99.
- M. Endo, M. Sasago, H. Nakagawa, A. Ueno, and N. Nomura:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) 2035[JSAP].
- M. K. Templeton, J. B. Wickman, and R. L. Fischer, Jr.:
Proc. SPIE 921 (1988) 360[AIP Scitation].
- S. A. Robertson, T. Stevenson, R. J. Holwill, M. Thirsk, I. S. Daraktchiev, and S. G. Hansen:
Proc. SPIE 1464 (1991) 232[AIP Scitation].
- H. R. Lee, J. Shin, H. W. Kim, S. G. Woo, H. K. Cho, and W. S. Han:
Proc. SPIE 5376 (2004) 1115[AIP Scitation].
- A. K. Siong, L. S. Jin, L. A. Chin, L. C. Keong, L. L. Kee, T. Y. Kong, and X. X. Yang:
Proc. SPIE 4344 (2001) 282[AIP Scitation].
- K. Honda, A. Blakeney, R. Hurditch, S. Tan, and T. Kokubo:
Proc. SPIE 1925 (1993) 197[AIP Scitation].
- K. Honda: J. Electrochem. Soc. 140 (1993) 5.
- H. Kyoda, A. Okouchi, H. Takeguchi, H. W. Kim, T. Yamamoto, and K. Yoshihara:
Proc. SPIE 5039 (2003) 1353[AIP Scitation].
- I. Nakamura, M. Miyata, and Y. Sakai: Bull. JSME 26 (1983) 1357.
- A. Sugimori: Hikari Kagaku (Photochemistry) (Shokabo, Tokyo, 1998) p. 67 [in Japanese].