Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) pp. 3812-3815 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (120K)| |Buy This Article|
A Modified Low-Density Parity-Check Decoder for Holographic Data Storage System
Digital Media Lab., Daewoo Electronics Corp., 543 Dangjeong, Kunpo, Kyonggi 435-733, Korea
1Education-Research-Industry Cluster at Ansan, Hanyang University, 1271 Sa-1, Sangrok, Ansan, Kyonggi 426-791, Korea
(Received November 20, 2006; accepted February 15, 2007; published online June 22, 2007)
A modified low-density parity-check decoding scheme for holographic data storage has been developed and evaluated. It compensates the negative effect from neighboring pixels during the iterative decoding process, which improves the overall error-correction performance when pixels are misaligned. A simulation shows that the proposed scheme outperforms a conventional log-likelihood-ratio (LLR) belief-propagation (BP) algorithm.
- H. Coufal, D. Psaltis, and G. Sincerbox: in Holographic Data Storage, ed. W. T. Rhodes (Springer, New York, 2000).
- E. Hwang, K. Kim, J. Kim, J. Park, and H. Jung:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) 1763[JSAP].
- E. Hwang, J. Rho, J. Kim, J. Cho, J. Park, and H. Jung:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) 1010[JSAP].
- E. Hwang, P. Yoon, J. Park, J. Park, and H. Nam:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 3529[JSAP].
- L. Ramamoorthy and B. Kumar:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) 1305[JSAP].
- P. Yoon, E. Hwang, B. Kang, J. Park, and G. Park: Tech. Dig. ISOM2004, 2004, p. 114.