Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) pp. 6202-6204 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (186K)| |Buy This Article|
Characteristics of Nano-Floating-Gate Memory with Au Nanoparticles in SiO2 Dielectrics
1Quantum-Function Spinics Laboratory and Department of Physics, Hanyang University, Seoul 133-791, Korea
2Thin Film Materials Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul 130-650, Korea
3Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Kwangwoon University, Seoul 139-701, Korea
(Received October 27, 2006; accepted March 22, 2007; published online September 20, 2007)
Nano-floating-gate memory (NFGM) devices containing SiO2 layers embedded with nanoparticles were fabricated, and their electrical characteristics were evaluated. The Au nanoparticles were successfully fabricated by the horizontal sputtering and served as a charge storage node of the NFGM devices. The size and density of the Au nanoparticles were easily controlled by setting the sputtering thickness of the Au thin film used. The memory window of the fabricated NFGM devices on a silicon-on-insulator substrate was about 3 V at a gate bias of ±10 V. The feasibility of using Au nanoparticles dispersed in SiO2 oxide layers for NFGM device application was also presented.
- K. Han, I. Kim, and H. Shin:
IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 48 (2001) 874[CrossRef].
- Y. Shi, K. Saito, H. Ishikuro, and T. Hiramotob:
J. Appl. Phys. 84 (1998) 2358[AIP Scitation].
- G. Puzzilli and F. Irrera:
IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 53 (2006) 775[CrossRef].
- S. Tiwari, F. Rana, H. Hanafi, A. Hartstein, E. F. Crabbé, and K. Chan:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 68 (1996) 1377[AIP Scitation].
- J. A. Wahl, H. Silva, A. Gokirmak, A. Kumar, J. J. Welser, and S. Tiwari: IEDM Tech. Dig., 1999, p. 375.
- M. Carrara, J. J. Kakkassery, J.-P. Abid, and D. J. Fermin: ChemPhysChem. 5 (2004) 571.
- M. S. Lee, J. H. Kim, E. K. Kim, and W. M. Kim: J. Korean Phys. Soc. 48 (2006) 1552.
- W.-J. Cho, C.-G. Ahn, K. Im, J.-H. Yang, J. Oh, I.-B. Baek, and S. Lee:
IEEE Electron Device Lett. 25 (2004) 366[CrossRef].
- D. U. Lee, M. S. Lee, J.-H. Kim, E. K. Kim, H.-M. Koo, W.-J. Cho, and W. M. Kim:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 90 (2007) 093514[AIP Scitation].