Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) pp. 6915-6919 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (232K)| |Buy This Article|
Application of BaTiO3 Film Deposited by Aerosol Deposition to Decoupling Capacitor
Ceramic Technology Research Section, Basic Research Department, Research Institute, TOTO Ltd., Chigasaki, Kanagawa 253-8577, Japan
(Received May 14, 2007; accepted July 25, 2007; published online October 22, 2007)
By using aerosol deposition, BaTiO3 films of more than 0.5 µm thickness were fabricated at room temperature on metal substrates. The dielectric constant of the films was 80 and their tan
δ was 0.02 at 1 MHz. The change in the temperature characteristics of the capacitance of the films was rectilinear from room temperature to 180 °C. The films were fabricated on the substrates with Ra values of 0.011 and 0.048 µm. The breakdown voltages of the films were measured: the maximum value was 220 V/µm. The volume resistivities of thin films depended on film thickness. They stabilized at a value of 1012 Ω·cm when the film thickness was 5 µm or more. These electric properties are considered to depend on film density. We manufactured a noise-cutting probe with a decoupling capacitor as an inspection apparatus for microwave devices in trial production using the BaTiO3 films fabricated by aerosol deposition. The contact probe had a 0.3 mm diameter, a 5 mm length, and a 6-µm-thick BaTiO3 film on the outer surface. Its capacitance was 0.5 nF. Its withstand voltage was 700 V. These values are sufficient for this application.
- M. Ichiki, J. Akedo, A. Schroth, R. Maeda, and Y. Ishikawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1997) 5815[JSAP].
- J. Akedo and M. Lebedev:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 38 (1999) 5397[JSAP].
- J. Akedo and M. Lebedev:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 77 (2000) 1710[AIP Scitation].
- J. Akedo, M. Lebedev, H. Sato, and J. Park:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 7072[JSAP].
- S. Oh, J. Akedo, J. Park, and Y. Kawakami:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) 7465[JSAP].
- M. Nakada, K. Ohashi, and J. Akedo:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 6918[JSAP].
- M. Nakada, K. Ohashi, M. Lebedev, and J. Akedo:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) 5960[JSAP].
- H. Hatono, T. Ito, and K. Iwata: Int. J. Appl. Ceram. Technol. 3 (2006) 419.
- S. Shindou and M. Kuwabara: J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn. 110 (2002) 1035.
- K. Nomura, N. Shibata, and M. Maeda: J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn. 109 (2001) 915.
- Z. Wei, M. Noda, and M. Okuyama:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) 6619[JSAP].
- T. Naoyama, Y. Sakioka, M. Noda, M. Okuyama, and K. Saito:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 6873[JSAP].
- H. Kozuka and M. Kajimura: J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 83 (2000) 1056.
- J. Iwasawa, R. Nishimizu, M. Tokita, M. Kiyohara, and K. Uematsu: J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn. 114 (2006) 272.