Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) pp. L895-L897 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (251K)| |Buy This Article|
Structure and Magnetic Properties of Fe/X (X=Au, Ag, Cu) Epitaxial Multilayer Films Grown on MgO(011) Substrates
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Chuo University, 1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
1Graduate School of Fine Arts, Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music, 12-8 Ueno-koen, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110-8714, Japan
(Received July 27, 2007; accepted August 21, 2007; published online September 21, 2007)
Fe/X (X=Au, Ag, Cu) epitaxial multilayer films were prepared on MgO(011) substrates by alternate deposition of Fe and X atomic layers, varying the composition of Fe/X from the ratio around L10 phase stoichiometry (Fe:X=50:50) to X-rich region. The effects of X atom on the formation of L10 ordered phase were investigated. FeAu(011)L10 films with the easy magnetization direction canted from the perpendicular direction to the film plane were obtained on the MgO(011) substrates. The lattice constants of the L10 ordered FeAu alloy were estimated to be a=0.407±0.012 nm and c=0.388±0.011 nm, respectively. A stronger X-ray diffraction intensity of L10 phase is observed in an Au-rich compositional region. No evidence of L10 ordered phase formation is recognized for the Fe/Ag and the Fe/Cu systems.
- K. Takanashi, S. Mitani, M. Sano, H. Fujimori, H. Nakajima, and A. Osawa:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 67 (1995) 1016[AIP Scitation].
- S. Mitani, K. Takanashi, H. Nakajima, K. Sato, R. Schreiber, P. Grunberg, and H. Fujimori:
J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 156 (1996) 7[CrossRef].
- M. Ohtake, Y. Yasui, F. Kirino, and M. Futamoto: Abstr. 1st Int. Symp. Advanced Magnetic Materials and Applications, 2007, p. 317.
- S. Yaegashi, T. Kurihara, and H. Segawa:
J. Appl. Phys. 74 (1993) 4506[AIP Scitation].
- K. Shikada, K. Tabuchi, M. Ohtake, F. Kirino, and M. Futamoto: Dig. 31st Annu. Conf. Magnetics in Japan, 2007, 14aF-2 [in Japanese].
- A. Nakamura, M. Koguchi, and M. Futamoto:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 34 (1995) 2307[JSAP].
- H. Tomita, A. Sawabe, T. Sato, and T. Mizoguchi:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 34 (1995) 1851[JSAP].