Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 47 (2008) pp. 2692-2695 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (146K)| |Buy This Article|
New Charge Pumping Method for Characterization of Charge Trapping Layer in Oxide–Nitride–Oxide Structure
Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungnam National University, 220 Gung-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-764, Republic of Korea
1Mobile and FLASH Division, Hynix Semiconductor Inc., Icheon, Kyoungki 467-701, Republic of Korea
(Received October 1, 2007; accepted January 8, 2008; published online April 25, 2008)
Ramping amplitude multi-frequency charge pumping technique is proposed to analyze the nitride traps in silicon–oxide–nitride–oxide–silicon (SONOS) structure. Based on the method, the trap density and the capture cross section at each location in oxide–nitride–oxide (ONO) gate stack can be extracted separately. The trap parameters extracted from the suggested model show that the traps located at tunnel-oxide/nitride interface whose capture cross section is lowest. The cause of large trap density at tunnel-oxide/nitride interface may be due to Si–Si bonding formation as reported in previous works.
- G. Groeseneken, H. E. Maes, N. Beltran, and R. F. Dekeersmaecker:
IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 31 (1984) 42[CrossRef].
- R. E. Paulsen, R. R. Siergiej, M. L. French, and M. H. White:
IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 41 (1994) 1213[CrossRef].
- IRTS 2005 version.
- T. H. Hou, M. F. Wang, K. L. Mai, Y. M. Lin, M. H. Yang, L. G. Yao, Y. Jin, S. C. Chen, and M. S. Liang: Proc. IEEE 42rd Annu. Int. Reliability Physics Symp., 2004, p. 581.
- W. H. Choi, H. S. Joo, I. S. Han, S. S. Park, H. M. Kwon, T. G. Goo, O. S. Yoo, M. K. Na, J. C. Om, S. S. Lee, G. H. Bae, H. D. Lee, and G. W. Lee: Ext. Abstr. Solid State Devices and Materials, 2007, p. 322.
- V. A. Gritsenko, Y. N. Morokov, Y. N. Novikov, I. P. Petrenko, S. N. Svitasheva, H. Wong, R. Kwok, and R. Chan: Proc. 21st Int. Conf. Microelectronics, 1997, vol. 1, p. 111.
- H. T. Lue, Y. H. Shih, K. Y. Hsieh, R. Liu, and C. Y. Lu:
IEEE Electron Device Lett. 25 (2004) 816[CrossRef].