Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 47 (2008) pp. 8007-8009 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (281K)| |Buy This Article|
Recording and Reproduction in Ultrahigh-Density Ferroelectric Medium LiTaO3 through Lubricant Layer
Corporate R&D Labs., Pioneer Corporation, Tsurugashima, Saitama 350-2288, Japan
(Received April 25, 2008; accepted June 13, 2008; published online October 17, 2008)
It is indispensable to reduce the friction between a ferroelectric recording medium and probe tips, and to eliminate the wear of tips to improve reliability toward the practical use in the ferroelectric probe memory (FPM) we are studying. Perfluoropolyether (PFPE) lubricant of 20 nm thickness was spread uniformly on a congruent LiTaO3 (CLT) ferroelectric recording medium as one of the measures against friction and wear. We conducted a polarization domain measurement and a dot array recording experiment with the lubricated CLT where frictional forces were reduced by 70%. The polarization signals of the medium were successfully measured with a high signal-to-noise ratio and recorded as dot arrays of 1.2 Tbit/in.2 density through the lubricant.
- K. Fujimoto, T. Maeda, and A. Onoe:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) L1022[JSAP].
- Y. Hiranaga, K. Fujimoto, Y. Wagatsuma, Y. Cho, A. Onoe, K. Terabe, and K. Kitamura: Abstr. 4th Japan–Korea Conf. Ferroelectrics, 2002, p. 60.
- K. Ohara and Y. Cho:
Nanotechnology 16 (2005) S54[IoP STACKS].
- Y. Cho, S. Hashimoto, N. Odagawa, K. Tanaka, and Y. Hiranaga:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 87 (2005) 232907[AIP Scitation].
- X. Zhang, D. Xue, X. Liu, and K. Kitamura:
Physica B 387 (2007) 147[CrossRef].
- H. Takahashi, Y. Mimura, S. Mori, M. Ishimori, A. Onoe, T. Ono, and M. Esashi: Transducers'07. Dig. Tech. Pap., 2007, p. 2509.
- H. Takahashi, A. Onoe, T. Ono, Y. Cho, and M. Esashi: J. Micromech. Microeng. 16 (2006) 1620.
- H. Takahashi, A. Onoe, T. Ono, Y. Cho, and M. Esashi:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) 1530[JSAP].