Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 47 (2008) pp. 8030-8032 |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (192K)| |Buy This Article|
Development of Novel Ozonizer Using Micro-Barrier Discharges Formed in Water
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Miyazaki, 1-1 Gakuenkibanadai Nishi, Miyazaki 889-2192, Japan
1DENSOKEN Co., Ltd., 7-9-405 Kemigawa-cho, Hanamigawa-ku, Chiba 262-0023, Japan
(Received June 18, 2008; revised July 1, 2008; accepted July 4, 2008; published online October 17, 2008)
An ozonizer operating in water for the generation of ozone water was proposed. The key to ozone generation was the use of a Shirasu-porous-glass (SPG), which functioned in bubble supply and the formation of micro-barrier discharges. A mesh electrode was put on the SPG surface facing the gaseous phase side, and ac voltage was supplied to the electrode. Micro-barrier discharges were formed in micropores of the SPG, and bubbles formed in contact with the SPG surface facing the water phase side. The higher the applied ac voltage, the higher the uniformity of discharges and ozone concentration.
- C. Tizaoui, R. I. Bickley, M. J. Slater, W.-J. Wang, D. B. Ward, and A. Al-Jaberi: Desalination 227 (2008) 57.
- I. Suarasan, M. Mudura, R. Chira, G. Andrei, I. Munceleanu, and R. Moror: J. Electrostat. 63 (2005) 831.
- D. Manojlovic, D. R. Ostojic, B. M. Obradovic, M. M. Kuraica, V. D. Krsmanovic, and J. Puric: Desalination 213 (2007) 116.
- M. Kurahashi, S. Katsura, and A. Mizuno: J. Electrostat. 42 (1997) 93.
- S. Ihara, T. Miichi, S. Satoh, C. Yamabe, and E. Sakai:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 38 (1999) 4601[JSAP].
- M. Kukizaki and M. Goto: J. Membrane Sci. 299 (2007) 190.
- M. Kukizaki and T. Wada: Colloids Surf. A 317 (2008) 146.