Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 48 (2009) 06FC10 (5 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (411K)| |Buy This Article|
Effect of Amine Additive in Photoacid Generator Bonded Resist for Extreme Ultraviolet and Electron Beam Lithography
1EUV Advanced Technologies Inc., 3-1-2 Koto, Kamigori, Hyogo 678-1205, Japan
2University of Hyogo, 3-1-2 Koto, Kamigori, Hyogo 678-1205, Japan
3Ako Kasei Co., Ltd., 329 Sakoshi, Ako, Hyogo 678-0193, Japan
(Received December 10, 2008; revised March 5, 2009; accepted March 12, 2009; published online June 22, 2009)
Amine additive compounds play an important role in obtaining high sensitivity and low line edge roughness (LER) in photoacid generator (PAG)-bonded resists. It was confirmed that the PAG-bonded resist improved sensitivity and LER simultaneously with an amine additive. High sensitivity and low LER can be achieved simultaneously by optimizing the amine compound ratio in a PAG-bonded resist system. By optimizing the contents of the PAG and the amine compound ratio, the resolution was improved up to 40 nm. The sensitivity and LER of a 40 nm line/space (L/S) pattern of the PAG-bonded resist were 26 µC/cm2 and 4.9 nm (3σ), respectively. Furthermore, by loading the PAG, a sensitivity of 16 µC/cm2 was achieved for a 60 nm L/S pattern. The E0 sensitivity was 1.75 mJ/cm2 under extreme ultraviolet (EUV) exposure. It was also confirmed that the PAG-bonded resist has high sensitivity under EUV exposure.
- H. Kinoshita, K. Kurihara, Y. Ishii, and Y. Torii:
J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 7 (1989) 1648[AIP Scitation].
- International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors, 2007 edition [http://www.itrs.net/].
- H. Ito: IBM J. Res. Dev. 41 (1997) 69.
- H. Ito: J. Polym. Sci., Part A 41 (2003) 3863.
- H. Ito:
Proc. SPIE 3678 (1999) 2[AIP Scitation].
- N. Man, T. Okumura, H. Oizumi, N. Nagai, H. Seki, and I. Nishiyama: Appl. Surf. Sci. 231 (2004) 353.
- H. Okumura: Proc. 15th Lecture Meet. Photo-reactions and Electric Materials, Society of Polymer and Science, 2006, p. 15.
- M. Thiyagarajan, K. Dean, and K. E. Gonsalves: J. Photopolym. Sci. Technol. 18 (2005) 737.
- T. Watanabe, Y. Fukushima, H. Shiotani, M. Hayakawa, S. Ogi, Y. Endo, T. Yamanaka, and H. Kinoshita: J. Photopolym. Sci. Technol. 19 (2006) 521.
- M. Shirai: Handotai Ekisho Display Photolithography Gijutsu Handbook (Handbook of Semiconductor and LCD Photolithography Technology) (Realize, Tokyo, 2006) p. 124 [in Japanese].
- C. Lee, N. D. Jarnagin, M. Wang, K. E. Gonsalves, J. M. Roberts, W. Yueh, and C. L. Henderson:
Proc. SPIE 6153 (2006) 61532E[AIP Scitation].
- M. Wang, N. D. Jarnagin, W. Yueh, J. M. Robert, M. Tapia-Tapia, N. Batina, and K. E. Gonsalves:
Proc. SPIE 6519 (2007) 65192C[AIP Scitation].
- Developed by P. Naulleau [http://www.euvl.com/summit].