Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 49 (2010) 052601 (3 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (224K)| |Buy This Article|
Injection Molded Optical Lens Using a Heat Resistant Thermoplastic Resin with Electron Beam Cross-Linking
1Development Department, Japan Communication Accessories Manufacturing Co., Ltd., 1-226 Higashi, Komaki, Aichi 485-0831, Japan
2Optical Communications R&D Laboratories, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., 1 Taya-cho, Sakae-ku, Yokohama 244-8588, Japan
3Irradiated Products Department, Sumitomo Electric Fine Polymer, Inc., 950-1 Asashiro-nishi, Kumatori, Osaka 590-0458, Japan
4Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Yamagata University, 4-3-16 Jonan Yonezawa, Yamagata 992-8510, Japan
(Received November 11, 2009; accepted March 6, 2010; published online May 20, 2010)
The poor heat resistant properties of a transparent thermoplastic resin was improved by electron beam irradiation cross-linking. A correcting aspheric lens for a 635-nm laser diode was fabricated using an injection molding machine, and was irradiated with an electron beam. The near field pattern (NFP), the far field pattern (FFP) at the focus position and the transmittance of the lens did not change after exposure to a 260 °C reflow process for 60 s.
- H. Choi, Y.-J. Yoon, B. Kim, S.-H. Lee, W.-C. Kim, N.-C. Park, Y.-P. Park, and S. Kang:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 47 (2008) L6678[JSAP].
- Y. Nakamura, J. Narita, T. Sakamoto, K. Deguchi, T. Yamada, and T. Mukai:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 45 (2006) L1084[JSAP].
- K. Fujisawa, I. Onishi, and Y. Fujiwara:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) L933[JSAP].
- H. K. Shin, T.-H. Yoon, and C. Kim:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 46 (2007) L6685[JSAP].
- K. Park and W. Joo:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 47 (2008) L8402[JSAP].
- M. Nozue and T. Obinata: Oki Tech. Rev. 71 (2004) No. 3, 32.
- N. Yasuda, S. Yamamoto, S. Minami, H. Nobutoki, Y. Wada, and S. Yanagida:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) L624[JSAP].
- H. Nakajo: Reflowable Camera Modules (Electric Journal Japan, 2009).
- Image Inf. Television Eng. Tech. Rep. 30 (2006) p. 1 [in Japanese].
- S. Okabe, S. Nishikawa, H. Hayami, M. Nakabayashi, and Y. Emoto: SEI Tech. Rev. 59 (2005) No. 1, 48.