Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 49 (2010) 05EA02 (4 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (395K)| |Buy This Article|
Physical and Electrical Properties of SiO2 Layer Synthesized by Eco-Friendly Method
Display Research and Development Division, Korea Electronics Technology Institute, #68, Yatap-dong, Bundang-gu, Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do 463-816, Republic of Korea
1Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Chungju National University, #72, Daehak-ro, Chungju, Chungbuk 380-702, Republic of Korea
(Received November 10, 2009; accepted February 12, 2010; published online May 20, 2010)
SiO2 thin film has a wide range of applications, including insulation layers in microelectronic devices, such as semiconductors and flat panel displays, due to its advantageous characteristics. Herein, we developed a new eco-friendly method for manufacturing SiO2 nanoparticles and, thereby, SiO2 paste to be used in the digital printing process for the fabrication of SiO2 film. By excluding harmful Cl- and NO3- elements from the SiO2 nanoparticle synthetic process, we were able to lower the heat treatment temperature for the SiO2 precursor from 600 to 300 °C and the diameter of the final SiO2 nanoparticles to about 14 nm. The synthesized SiO2 nanoparticles were dispersed in an organic solvent with additives to make a SiO2 paste for feasibility testing. The SiO2 paste was printed onto a glass substrate to test the feasibility of using it for digital printing. The insulation resistance of the printed film was high enough for it to be used as an insulation layer for passivation.
- R. A. Street, W. S. Wong, S. E. Ready, M. L. Chabinyc, A. C. Arias, S. Limb, A. Salleo, and R. Lujan: Mater. Today 9 (2006) No. 4, 32.
- S. J. Hong and J. I. Han: J. Korean Phys. Soc. 45 (2004) 634.
- P. S. Devi, M. Chatterjee, and D. Ganguli: Mater. Lett. 55 (2002) 205.
- S. J. Hong and J. I. Han: Curr. Appl. Phys. 6 (2006) e206.
- X. Cai, R. Y. Honga, L. S. Wang, X. Y. Wang, H. Z. Li, Y. Zheng, and D. G. Wei: Chem. Eng. J. 151 (2009) 380.
- M. I. Mendelev and D. J. Srolovitz: Modeling Simulation Mater. Sci. Eng. 10 (2002) R79.
- J. W. Kim and S. B. Jung:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 48 (2009) 06FD14[JSAP].
- S. A. Wartenberg: RF Measurements of Die and Packages (Artech Hourse, Norwood, MA, 2002) 1st ed., p. 116.
- J. W. Kim, W. Nah, and S. B. Jung: Microelectron. Eng. 86 (2009) 314.
- H. Hasegawa, M. Furukawa, and H. Yanai: IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech. 19 (1971) 869.
- J. W. Kim, Y. C. Lee, J. H. Ko, W. Nah, M. Y. Jeong, H. C. Kwon, and S. B. Jung: J. Adhes. Sci. Technol. 22 (2008) 1339.