Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 50 (2011) 01BG09 (4 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (373K)| |Buy This Article|
Cu2ZnSnS4 Thin Film Solar Cells Utilizing Sulfurization of Metallic Precursor Prepared by Simultaneous Sputtering of Metal Targets
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nagano National College of Technology, Nagano 381-8550, Japan
1Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Shinshu University, Nagano 380-8553, Japan
(Received June 25, 2010; accepted August 9, 2010; published online January 20, 2011)
Cu2ZnSnS4 (CZTS) thin films were prepared by simultaneous sputtering of metallic targets and sulfurizing a metallic precursor under elemental sulfur atmosphere in a sealed tube. Subsequently, they were applied to the fabrication of thin film solar cells. The precursors with desired compositional ratio and thickness were obtained by controlling the area ratio of sputtering targets and also sputtering parameters. We have succeeded in obtaining high-quality polycrystalline CZTS thin films by sulfurization under a sulfur vapor pressure higher than atmospheric pressure. A CZTS-based solar cell with 3.7% conversion efficiency was obtained from CZTS films sulfurized at 590 °C for 7 min.
PACS: 84.60.Jt, 88.40.hj, 88.40.jn, 81.15.Cd, 73.61.Le
- K. Ito and T. Nakazawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) 2094[JSAP].
- K. Ito and T. Nakazawa: Proc. 4th Int. Conf. Photovoltaic Science and Engineering, 1989, p. 341.
- H. Katagiri:
Thin Solid Films 480–481 (2005) 426[CrossRef].
- T. Tanaka, T. Nagatomo, D. Kawasaki, M. Nishio, Q. Guo, A. Wakahara, A. Yoshida, and H. Ogawa:
J. Phys. Chem. Solids 66 (2005) 1978[CrossRef].
- A. Weber, H. Krauth, S. Perlt, B. Schubert, I. Kötschau, S. Schorr, and H. W. Schock:
Thin Solid Films 517 (2009) 2524[CrossRef].
- N. Kamoun, H. Bouzouita, and B. Rezig:
Thin Solid Films 515 (2007) 5949[CrossRef].
- K. Tanaka, M. Oonuki, N. Moritake, and H. Uchiki: Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 93 (2009) 583.
- A. Ennaoui, M. Lux-Steiner, A. Weber, D. Abou-Ras, I. Kötschau, H.-W. Schock, R. Schurr, A. Hölzing, S. Jost, R. Hock, T. Voß, J. Schulze, and A. Kirbs:
Thin Solid Films 517 (2009) 2511[CrossRef].
- H. Katagiri, K. Jimbo, S. Yamada, T. Kamimura, W. S. Maw, T. Fukano, T. Ito, and T. Motohiro:
Appl. Phys. Express 1 (2008) 041201[JSAP].
- T. K. Todorov, K. B. Reuter, and D. B. Mitzi: Adv. Mater. 22 (2010) E156.
- S. Igarashi, T. Seki, N. Momose, Y. Hashimoto, and K. Ito: Ext. Abstr. (57th Spring Meet., 2010); Japan Society of Applied Physics, 20p-TE-7 [in Japanese].
- N. Meyer, I. Luck, U. Ruhle, J. Klaer, R. Klenk, M. Ch. Lux-Steiner, and R. Scheer: Proc. 19th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conf., 2004, 4AO.9.6.
- N. Meyer, A. Meeder, and D. Schmid:
Thin Solid Films 515 (2007) 5979[CrossRef].
- N. Momose, Y. Hashimoto, and K. Ito:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 42 (2003) 5490[JSAP].