Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 50 (2011) 05FB11 (2 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (298K)| |Buy This Article|
Growth of γ-In2Se3 Thin Films by Electrostatic Spray Pyrolysis Deposition
Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Kofu 400-8511, Japan
(Received September 22, 2010; accepted December 21, 2010; published online May 20, 2011)
γ-In2Se3 thin films were grown by the electrostatic spray pyrolysis deposition growth technique. We investigated the dependence of the crystalline quality and optical properties of the grown films on the growth conditions, such as growth temperatures and the molar ratios of source material Se/In in the precursor solution. The films which were highly aligned to the c-axis were grown at low growth temperature of 250 °C on glass substrates. The optical band gap energy was about 1.94 eV and was independent of the growth temperatures and the molar ratios Se/In in the precursor solution.
PACS: 88.40.J-, 78.66.Li, 81.15.Rs, 81.05.Hd
- T. Otsuka, K. Nakanishi, T. Okamoto, A. Yamada, M. Konagai, and U. Jahn:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 40 (2001) 509[JSAP].
- T. Kato, Y. Utsugi, T. Ohara, T. Muranaka, Y. Nabetani, and T. Matsumoto: J. Cryst. Growth 311 (2009) 847.
- K. Bindu, C. Sudha Kartha, K. P. Vijayakumar, T. Abe, and Y. Kashiwabara: Appl. Surf. Sci. 191 (2002) 138.
- S. N. Sahu: Thin Solid Films 261 (1995) 98.
- A. Ates, M. Kundakci, A. Astam, and M. Yildirim: Physica E 40 (2008) 2709.
- C. H. de Groot and J. S. Moodera:
J. Appl. Phys. 89 (2001) 4336[AIP Scitation].
- T. Okamoto, Y. Nakada, T. Aoki, Y. Takaba, A. Yamada, and M. Konagai: Phys. Status Solidi C 3 (2006) 2796.
- H. Bouzouita, N. Bouguila, S. Duchemin, S. Fiechter, and A. Dhouib: Renewable Energy 25 (2002) 131.
- K. Kambas, C. Julien, M. Jouanne, A. Likforman, and M. Guittard: Phys. Status Solidi B 124 (1984) K105.
- J. Ye, S. Soeda, Y. Nakamura, and O. Nittono:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37 (1998) 4264[JSAP].
- K. M. Beck, W. R. Wiley, E. Venkatasubramanian, and F. Ohuchi: Appl. Surf. Sci. 255 (2009) 9707.
- M. Emziane, S. Marsillac, and J. C. Benède: Mater. Chem. Phys. 62 (2000) 84.
- T. Ohtsuka, T. Okamoto, A. Yamada, and M. Konagai: J. Lumin. 87–89 (2000) 293.