After Paper Acceptance
PREPARATION OF ELECTRONIC FILES FOR PRINTING
If the paper is accepted for publication, the authors will be requested to submit the manuscript for printing and the original high-quality figures in order to proceed the publication process. The request will be made by e-mail to the corresponding author, and in some cases, may be given before the notification of acceptance to expediate publication.
MS-Word or APEX LaTeX format file is accepted. Two-byte fonts should not be used. Contributors who use application software compatible with two-byte characters such as Japanese, Chinese, or Korean fonts, particularly for units or symbolic characters, should be aware that it causes extra delay and manpower for the removal of such characters.
LaTeX files for APEX
Figures and photographs
High-quality figures and photographs suitable for reproduction are requested. Please refer to the notes listed below prior to preparing electronic files.
(1) Recommended formats
- EPS: Particularly for line drawings. EPS files made using conversion software are not acceptable.
- WMF: Particularly for line drawings. Files of most Windows applications can be saved as WMF.
- PDF: Do not downsample or compress.
- TIFF: Photos only. Resolution should be higher than 300 dpi. Line drawings are not acceptable.
- JPEG: Same as TIFF.
(2) Application files
The following Microsoft application files are acceptable.
- PowerPoint: Prepare one figure as one slide in one PPT file.
- Word: Place one figure on one page in one DOC file.
- Excel: Prepare one figure as one file. Printed and on-screen sizes sometimes differ. In such cases, the on-screen size will be chosen.
(3) Other notes
- Prepare each figure in actual size.
- Select a standard font such as Times New Roman (or Times-Roman) or Arial (or Helvetica).
- Do not use two-byte codes such as Chinese and Korean fonts.
- Use the Symbol Font for Greek letters and symbols such as °.
- Lines should be thicker than 0.25 pt in actual size.
- Files scanned by the author are not acceptable.
The authors should have completed the submission of the Agreement Form for Copyright Transfer and Publication Charge Payment. This form should have been submitted by fax at the time of paper submission. The editorial office will not proceed the publication process without this agreement.